Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Love, Rock, Spinning.

Yesterday I felt so angry, and today so insecure,
and I hated that I wrestle with the God that I adore.
Your presence always heals me, so I want to drink it in.
You know where we're going God and You know where I've been.

And Your love is like a rock when I'm spinning
Your love is like a rock when I'm spinning
Your love is like a rock when I'm spinning
Your love is like a rock when I'm spinning around.
---------------------------------------------------------------

When things happen in my life--whatever they are, whether they are good, bad, amazing, or horrid. I need to stand on the rock that is God's love. This is why I can withstand anything that the world throws at me. Make me rich, make me poor, give me health, give me sickness, give me prosperity, give me grief--it doesn't matter. I stand on the rock.

A strong immovable incredible rock.

I'm not talking about being fake either. Yes, life sucks sometimes. I'm not negating that.

And I know I have an easy life.

People out there are bitter, resentful, angry. People out there are dying, starving, watching their loved ones die. People are in pain. Deep incredible pain.

I'm not sugar coating life, I'm not telling you to paint a fake smile over pain and sadness.

This isn't about having wistful optimism.

This is about having hope in light of truth.

Christ has died and Christ has risen, and Christ will come again.

This is what must drive us, this is where we find our hope. All our hope.

Hope in the midst of despair.
Hope in the midst of pain.
Hope in the midst of heartache.

Ohhhh I love God so so so much.
=)
Adore.

[note; no nothing happened ok Justin, so don't bother asking. =P Nothing bad happened I was just thinking about this today. =P]

2 comments:

Justin said...

Just so you know, it sounds like, "your love is like a rock WiTh0ut spinning"

he says that line so oddly. so so oddly

Ming said...

Whatever. I like it. =P