Thursday, May 31, 2007

Seek.

Psalm 9:10
And those who know your name put their trust in you,
for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.
Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.
Luke 11:9
And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
Luke 17:33
Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will keep it.
Luke 19:10
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
Colossians 3:1
If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.


Seek for me is one of those Bible words that you never really heard or used in "real life" unless you were going to play that hiding game. =P
I knew the meaning, could quote bible verses about it... but I don't think I even began to get it.
Seek the things that are above...ok cool but I'm going to heaven anyway...can't I just sit tight here and wait?
NO, of courses not.
To seek something that is above, where Christ is seated means to seek the things that Christ would have us seek.
Let's define seek;
  • seek (used with object)
  • to go in search or quest of: to seek the truth.
  • to try to find or discover by searching or questioning: to seek the solution to a problem.
  • to ask for; request: to seek advice.

I like that; in search of or the word quest...it paints pictures in my head- visions of secrets, maps, dark forests, and incredible treasure. It sounds like something that if I were on one it would dominate my life, my very thoughts, pretty much consume me. Something of an imperative nature...
So maybe I should read it like "If then you have been raised with Christ, go on a quest to find the things that are above, where Christ is..ect."
I find so much more purpose in it then...haha I laugh at my head and how it works sometimes.

So I'm on a quest guys, I'm searching, seeking, and discovering God and His will for my life.
Pursuing the things that Jesus would have me pursue.

I think I'm beginning to get it. =)

No comments: