Saturday, October 20, 2012

Forgot to turn off my "time to leave my car and go into work" alarm last night so 0638 I am rudely awakened by a blaring noise to the right of my head and the first thought that flashes through my head as I blearily open my eyes, "It's awfully dark outside to be 8:15..." Oppps.
Though waking up at 6:40 on a Saturday morning is not typically how I enjoy spending my weekend--it worked out. I finished reading Opening Moves I started it on Tuesday so it was about time that I finished ;)
Then I went running upon stepping outside into the crisp morning air and seeing the whispers of fall as the sun filters through a veil of leaves that are on the cusp of turning brilliant reds, oranges, and yellows I realized once again being outside is good for my soul. As music echoed through my headphones and reverberated through my head I came to the realization once again that I am incredibly fortunate and God is so so ridiculously good.
And I decided in that moment what I want my life to be characterized by--I want to live a life that is known by infectious joy and I want to live as if I hold the secret to a meaningful life that everyone is searching for, because I am. I want to live as if I really get that I am forgiven, free, and deeply loved.

And I also came to the realization that I am still the 17 year old girl that I use to be--I have changed but I am still the same in the ways that matter most. And that relieves me.

No comments: