Sunday, December 9, 2007

Would I give it up willingly?

Would I give it up willingly? Anything?

No, seriously guys. If God told me to walk away from anything could I?

Stuff?
Family?
Friends?
Dreams?
My future?
My life?

Or if in one fell swoop God was to prune all of this stuff out of my life. How would I respond?

As God has poured endless blessings into my life, have I become distracted by them? Have they stolen my gaze when it should be focused on the One giving instead of what is being given? My God is a jealous God. And I assure you that if there is something that I am to attached to that I will not let go of He will kindly graciously remove it for me.

Ugh. Can I really willingly give it all up?


This might hurt
It’s not safe
But I know that I’ve gotta make a change
I don’t care if I break
At least I’ll be feeling something

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
Without
Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking
"What if I had given everything
instead of going through the motions."

3 comments:

Lauren said...

just for the record that picture you took today...yea the one in the left corner...i hate it
you look lovely, let me tell you.
let's just try to keep it off of FB :P

Lauren said...

oh yea...i'm glad you shrunk it though... i thank you for that!

Ming said...

Why do you hate it? You look completely fine =)

I was going to put it as my profile pic. =P but then I decided not to. lol