Thursday, February 1, 2007

Escapeing Myself...

Other than Satan, I have come to the conclusion that I am my worst enemy.
Sometimes it seems like I just can't find the way out of myself.
My selfishness, pride, fearfulness, deceitfulness, ect.
Sometimes it just eats at me.
I run away from myself, but I always catch up.
I try so hard not to do things but I still end up doing them.
I get frustrated and mad at myself.
Then I remember that's what I am.
I'm not perfect.
Duh.
If I was then Jesus wouldn't have needed to come.
I need to die to myself, and fully embrace him.
It's only through him that I can get rid of my sin.
My sin is horrible sickening.
But when held up to the love of God, it become a beautiful thing, a great thing even.
Because my sin becomes a pathway to having intimacy with God.
Something so wretched is the road to something immeasurably beautiful.
I stand in awe.

No comments: