Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Love, Never, Forget.

If I could just love people the way that Jesus loved them, love them the way that their Creator loves them. Do you know how much better off I would be? It wouldn't matter if they hated me, thought I was a loser, thought that I lost my sanity, if they considered me a friend, if they shunned me, if they only talked to me out of a sense of duty, if they were clickish, if they didn't like me, it wouldn't matter. If I could just love them.
I mean as the people who were screaming for His execution, even as the soldiers were literally driving the nails into his wrists, He cried "Father forgive them." Could I do that? If someone even does something trivial to me I get out of whack sometimes. How can I love everyone that much? You know and I was thinking about it, and for me I think it would be easier for me to be nailed to the cross and forgive the people killing me vs. forgiving someone for killing someone I love. I mean if someone was to kill my family or one of my friends, would I be able to forgive them? I mean seriously, could I? I pray that God would give me grace to, but still...If it were to really happen, what would I do.
But that's what God did for me. As He watched His ONLY SON die, He already knew He was forgiving me for it. I am just as guilty for His death as the person who nailed him there. I nailed him there...they were their sins just as much as they were my sins. It was for my atonement that He died... God loved me that much. How can I not love Him and show the same favor to others who will never ever cause me the pain that I caused the one who made me.?
It makes my head spin that God loved me that much, He loved me so much. He ached so much to have a relationship with me, with you. That He sent His son to die.
Never let me grow used to that, never let it become just another story, another "Christian" thing.
John 3:16 if you were ever in AWANA or anything else you know that verse, if you have been a Christian for any length of time you probably know that verse. I know I can spout it off without even thinking about it
John 3:16
“For God so loved the world,
that He gave His only Son,
that whoever believes in Him
should not perish but have eternal life."

How horrid for me not to think about it when I say it.
Think about it!
He loved, He gave, so that we could live with Him forever.
Let me never take that for granted.
Never.

No comments: