Monday, February 5, 2007

Into the Light, come with me!

I once was fatherless,
a stranger with no hope;
Your kindness wakened me,
Awakened me, from my sleep

Your love it beckons deeply,
a call to come and die.
By grace now I will come
And take this life, take your life.

Sin has lost it's power,
death has lost it's sting.
From the grave you've risen
VICTORIOUSLY!

Into marvelous light I'm running,
Out of darkness, out of shame.
By the cross you are the truth,
You are the life, you are the way

My dead heart now is beating,
My deepest stains now clean.
Your breath fills up my lungs.
Now I'm free. now I'm free!

Lift my hands and spin around,
See the light that i have found.
Oh the marvelous light
Marvelous light

Lift my hands and spin
See the light within...
-----------------------------------------------------------
How often do I not pursue the light like I should?
Pretty much always
Even if I don't turn my back completely turn away from it,
But subtly (or not so subtly) start slowing my passionate run towards the Light,
into a normal run, to a jog, to a walk, and sometimes stopping completely
True I'm pretty much always pursuing the Light at least in some sort.
But am I giving Him my all?
I so often get pulled into the shadows.
How can I lay down everything and just run?
How can I stop being distracted by the crap at the side of the road?
How can I run away from it like I should?
There's always something I deem important;
Family.
Friends.
School.
Material things.
Work.
Life.
How can they can compare to the Light?
Truth is they can't.
But on my own I can't see that.
It's not until I pour out myself completely.
Give my all to God,
And then beg Him to help me to see Him how He really is.
How desirable He is.
That is the only way that I can give all the rest up completely.
If I don't understand how much better God is
I'll never pursue Him as much as I should,
and I'll never give up the other stuff completely.
Thank you God.

No comments: