Tuesday, October 23, 2007

John 13

36 Simon Peter said to him, “Lord, where are you going?” Jesus answered him, “Where I am going you cannot follow me now, but you will follow afterward.” 37 Peter said to him, “Lord, why can I not follow you now? I will lay down my life for you.” 38 Jesus answered, “Will you lay down your life for me? Truly, truly, I say to you, the rooster will not crow till you have denied me three times.

John 21
15 When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Feed my lambs.” 16 He said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Tend my sheep.” 17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep. 18 Truly, truly, I say to you, when you were young, you used to dress yourself and walk wherever you wanted, but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will dress you and carry you where you do not want to go.” 19 (This he said to show by what kind of death he was to glorify God.) And after saying this he said to him, “Follow me.”

-------------------------------
So finally Shoreline updated. And while other people were at the amazingness of Frisbee tonight I was listening to it. =) They were covering the last chapter in John and it was amazing.

It was so good that I could write pages about it but I don't feel like writing that much so I'm just going to write about what was sorta going through my head when Brian Colmery was talking about how Jesus was asking Peter 3 times if he loved him....

All the things that Peter had gone through that had brought him to that point. The big headed, proud, the proverbial "Rock" had been broken- crushed. That's what it took to humble him...

And it was only after he had been broken and humbled that God was use him in absolutely amazing ways.

What is it going to take for me to come the end of myself, so that God can use me however he chooses? What's it going to take to break me.? Uncomfortable questions.

No comments: