Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Father, Love, Lavished, Children


Great is the love the Father has lavished upon us, that we might be called the children of God.
1st John 3:1

Great
Love
Father
Lavished
Children
God.

Those are the words that stand out to me.

Great- I think mind-blowing, earth shattering.
Love- I think of the most intense emotion that God created.
Father- I think of well a loving person who only has your best interest in mind.
Lavished- I think of someone who simply can not get enough of giving stuff to you, and just pours and dumps blessing on you.
Children- I think of going to a park on a spring day and seeing a bunch of adorable little kids run around on the swing set.
God- There are no words.

That verse is amazing.
God lavished great love on me so that I could be a child of God and him my Father.

Screwed up, messed up, awful, horrid, putrid--me.

Wrap your head around that, or try to--I can't.

No comments: