Thursday, May 1, 2008

ramblings

I'm going to copy some of my friends and just write a cryptic post that makes sense to no one but myself. =P

Today has been a good day, and no, I'm not just saying that either.
You know when there's been something that's been holding you back from growing, and you know you need to let it go but you don't let it go because you're afraid of what might happen if you do, but in the same way you're afraid of what will happen if you don't let go?
Well, ok, maybe you don't but I do.
I'm ready to grow now.
I'm ready to be pruned and cut in any way God sees fit to do it.
Yes, it does hurt.
Hacking off things normally does.
But in the midst of the hurt there is an unexplainable comfort.
An assurance that there is a reason for everything.
A hope that God does crazy things with my life.
And a love that can never ever be explained.

Yes, I'm sorry but I believe it all goes back to love.
Maybe that's just the place that I am at and when I mature more I will see that it really isn't all about love.
But at this point in time I can't see how it is about anything else.
Everything seems to stem and grow from this.
At least anything good.
Love is the root to joy and peace and patience and kindness and goodness.
Love really is the thing that makes the world go round.
If God didn't love us, he wouldn't care, if he didn't care, he wouldn't keep us here to live much less kill his one son.
God is love.

This is just one thought that makes up one of the strands in messed up pile of thoughts that is sitting in my head right now. I'm trying to pick through them but alas it's fast becoming an overwhelming task. Right when I think I've reached the end of one--I seem to find that it's tied to another one. *shakes head* It can be very frustrating. Eh, scratch the can--it is very frustrating.

I'm unpacking them though, one at at time. What's really difficult is when they pop out all over the place. I'll be trying to unpack one nice and neatly and while I'm in the process of doing that--a dozen other thoughts come springing out after it. My head can be very trying at times.

2 comments:

Justin said...

Thanks Ming...

No thats not sarcastic..ok well it kinda is, but mostly not.

Tyler said...

lol.


...lol.