Saturday, September 27, 2008

Don't you love how I'm posting stuff from like...a while ago? =P


 

June 10th 2008
"Anyways last night I couldn't sleep so I was finishing up reading "I am not but I know I AM" while eating a bowl of this...I don't even know what I'd call it but it was food and it was good and I was hungry. =P

I've been frustrated at myself because I haven't been able to finish the book for a while--which if you know me rarely happens; but there is a reason I didn't finish it until last night. Stuff that I read spoke to me more than it probably would have had I finished it earlier.

"To be honest, looking up doesn't make life's challenges and problems go away. Yet gazing into heaven reassures me that God is still I AM, and that His greatness, goodness, and God-ness is the best lens through which to view every day of my life."

"And in the days to come, when you're questioning, needing, searching, wondering, asking, and struggling, you will find His sufficiency at the end of every desperate prayer. When you cry out all the things that you are not, you'll know His answer is, "I AM."
For every cry, there is one answer:

I need help.
I AM.

I need hope.
I AM.

Who could possibly be smart enough to figure this out?
I AM.

What works?
I AM.

What lasts?
I AM.

What's the latest thing?
I AM.

What's the hippest thing?
I AM.

I need a fresh start.
I AM.

I need a bigger story.
I AM.

My vision is bigger than my resources.
I AM.

Nothing's real anymore.
I AM.

Who can I trust?
I AM.

I'm not sure who's on my team.
I AM.

Nobody's listening to me.
I AM.

I don't have a prayer.
I AM.

My marriage is sinking and I don't know where to turn.
I AM

I can't hold on.
I AM.

My kids deserve more.
I AM.

I'm pouring into other, who's pouring into me?
I AM.

If we fail, who will get the job done?
I AM.

I'm not sure why I'm here.
I AM.

I've given all I can give and it's not enough.
I AM.

I'm tired.
I AM

I quit!
I AM.

I can't!
I AM.

I need a drink.
I AM.

I need a fix.
I AM.

Somebody just hold me.
I AM."

Yeah, that spoke to me just a little bit... [bold are the ones that applied to me.]

[Fill in with whatever you want to imagine I wrote]--that's ok. I am not but I know I AM."

No comments: