Thursday, June 21, 2007

Movie?


If someone were to make a movie about my life who would be in it? hmmmm This is something I was pondering today.
The fact is I probably wouldn't play a huge part; pfffft I probably shouldn't even get a scene where it shows me for even a moment. Why? 'Cause it's not all about me. I love saying that that =P
It should revolve solely around my Creator and the people he chooses my life to revolve around. It's not about what I would like to do with my life, my dreams, my aspirations. It's just not.
As tightly as I will cling to them, clutch them to my chest, and cry out, "These are mine, you can't have these! You can take something else but ohh not this..." That is precisely the thing that he does want. The more I love something the more I have poured myself into it--if I can beg God to help me lay it down at his feet and say "Whatever you want to do with this...just do it. 'Cause I trust you." Then that shows that I love HIM more than whatever it is. He is so infinitely more wonderful. I just want to get this. Ahhhh it just hurts something >.< =P. Dying to myself normally is, but knowing that I can trust God to shape me into more of an image of his Son....oh that is more comforting than anything. And so long as the pain drives me to him it'll be worth it....With his strength and grace I can take it. =) Also fact is nothing else is going to satisfy me. I was created to marvel and worship my Creator. That is my supreme purpose in life. So when I do lay all the stuff I deem "important" at his feet, I'm just laying down all the baggage that keeps me from doing what I was made to do.

"And Jesus was indeed God. And as my Creator, he had made me in his image, with circuitry designed to discover him as my Creator. My hope must be in him. Nothing else could begin to satisfy."
-Ted Dekker

1 comment:

Lauren said...

i so easily acknowledge that i am a sinner in need of God's amazing grace, yet i try to lay my life down on my own accord. i don't say here God help me take this life....