Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What's driving me?


*warning long quote* =P
"Do you understand that even the worship that we did this morning; could have been something that God despised and hated. You might be thinking, "How could God hate us doing something that he commanded? That makes no sense to me." Do you realize....let me take it a little step further, do you realize that God could be disgusted with your prayer life and you praying, God could disgusted with you memorizing and meditating on his word, he could be disgusted with your involvement even here at this church. Do you realize that? This totally floored me. Because God could be, I'm saying could, not that he is. He could be disgusted with those things that you do because they are not driven by your love for him. You see, us praying, us assembling together in this building, us reading God's word, all of those are vehicles to express a love for God."
-Matt Moore

Ahh this kills me. K.i.l.l.s. me.
It's not just as simple as doing 123 or ABC then I'm good. Nope. It's not as easy as making a check list and following it.
But it is as simple as letting my love for God drive everything I do. Everything.
When I'm at church on Sunday singing, it doesn't matter what I sound like. I could have a case of strep sound absolutely awful *even more awful than I normally do =P*, but if I am singing out of a heart, soul, and mind that overflows with a passionate love for God, it will sound beautiful to him.
Yet it goes the other way too...I could have an angelic voice and sing amazingly well but if I am singing so that people notice me or just singing for the sake of singing; then it could be a burden to God and he could be disgusted with it. *wince* It would be better not to sing at all.
Same goes for reading my Bible, memorizing it, even going to church.
Hmmmmmmm.
Like I said before I need to realign my thought pattern....wait no. I need to ask God to realign my thought pattern......

No comments: