Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Life Update...

Life Update;

So my dad talked with the **lawyer (or one of them =P) yesterday. **Mr. Sherrill.
Now I'm going to see if I can get this right I may mix some stuff up though-
By tomorrow Mr. Sherrill is going to file a motion to dismiss all criminal charges or something like that, he also talked with Dr. Templeton about it and about being my dad's expert witness (I think).
He also talked with the lawyer from the medical board and they said something about the suspension on my dad's license only being for 6 months maybe starting from January, so dad might be able to start working again in August.
They also want him to take a CME course in prescribing controlled drugs, it's only a 3 day course though. There was one at Vanderbilt (where ever that is) but it was full for a year so my dad is checking out the University of South Florida, Case Western, and University California San Diego. Wouldn't that be cool if I could go with him? =) No, I haven't map quested and found out it takes approx. 2hr and 41min to go somewhere I'd like to go. =P

So yes, things at this moment in time are looking up? lol I say that with hesitancy because I really can say that this whole time I've been looking up; or at very least attempting to.

But yes, my mom is thrilled and that makes me happy as is my dad. lol I love my parents so =)

You know what the coolest part for me is though? It's that I wasn't freaking out before... God has been soooo gracious to me in this area, he's given me the peace of mind and stilled my heart and head so I haven't been worrying about it. I'm not finding my joy in the fact that my dad has/doesn't have a job--that's not where my hope is.

"And Jesus was indeed God. And as my Creator he had made me in his image, with circuitry designed to discover him as my Creator. My hope must be in him. nothing else could begin to satisfy."
"The bliss we seek awaits in the next life. Our faith is being sure of this hope. The pleasures God has given us serve as a reminder of far greater pleasures to come."
"We should not look fore any great satisfaction on earth, but in heaven alone. When you finally come to the understanding that nothing in this world can truly satisfy the thirst God has placed in you to see him face-to-face, your disappointments with this world's failure to deliver satisfaction will start to fade and you'll begin to enjoy the pleasures on this earth for what they are. Foretastes of heaven."
-Ted Dekker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really great Ming!!! I was really happy when I heard about this.