Sunday, June 3, 2007

Why don't I...

Luke 6:41-42
Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye.

Hmmmm you know alot of the time...I think the reason I don't confront people about a speck is because I don't want the log to be shoved back in my face. =P Reason I don't want it shoved in my face is because- I probably love that log dearly....I enjoy it's presence...and I don't really want to take it out...
Which is completely and totally wrong.
Oh and I get even worse! I'll find something in their life that I *think* I don't struggle with as much. I'll bring that to their attention, and then if they mention some pet sin of mine, "Well that's different." or "We aren't talking about that right now..." ect.
I'm so hypocritical and self-righteous. I drive myself insane.

I need to work on this.

No comments: