Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful. (really long.)

It's good to have a day to sorta pull back and look at how richly God has blessed me this day, week, month, year....errr my life for that matter. Hopefully I do this more than once a year though...

Things I am thankful for...

First and foremost--- God loving me-- for being Love. That perfect eternal Love... And the actions that, that Love brought about. The Savior. The rescuing. The saving. Full atonement...Can it be? Yes, it can. =) May I never, ever, ever, ever, get over it.

Second--- Prayer and worship. And I don't mean this in sort of a fake way. I'm dead serious. I love being able to talk with my God. Seriously. And worship in a way to thank him for alllll he's done. And I really mean that.

Third--- Trials. God had foreordained for me to go through them and I'm thankful for them. Now grant it I know that other people have had a far more trying year than I have had. Still my dad was arrested and kinda having all my 'security' stripped away wasn't something I'd planned on. And we're still dealing with stuff from that. Then there was something else...yeah. That stretched me probably the most. Everything for a reason though right? =) And then there were a bunch of other misc things that sprouted up. It's been a full year. I'm so thankful for what I've learned or come to grasp in a deeper way. 1. Falling in love with God is the most important thing. 2. Love people. 3. My roots of joy and satisfaction must be found completely in him. 4. Worrying is completely worthless. Just to name a few.

God takes away the world, that the heart may cleave more to Him in sincerity.
—Thomas Watson

Not to be afflicted is a sign of weakness; for, therefore God imposeth no more on me, because he sees I can bear no more.

—Joseph Hall

Fourth--- My parents. I can't tell you how much I love them. God knew what he was doing when he made them my parents. =) I can talk to either of them for hours about anything. But in particularly my mom. Her patience with me is unbelievable. =) They are amazing and I take them for granted way to much....

Fifth--- My siblings. 1. Ying is the most amazing little sister. She helps to keep me humble and from taking myself or life to seriously. She can read me like a book, though that gets annoying at times. =P 2. My little brothers. They keep life in our house from getting boring. =)

Sixth--- The privilege of being part of a Christ Gospel centered church and serving there. =)

Seventh--- Speakers who I don't know but have benefited from greatly over the past year;
1. Francis Chan- The teaching pastor at Cornerstone has an amazing heart for God.
Not superficial at all, incredibly humble, and so compassionate towards the poor. Being able to benefit from his teaching has been so cool.
2. Brian Colmery- The pastor at Shoreline, the church only started about 2 years ago. But he's just an awesome speaker and so passionate about God. And so real.
3. Nick Vujicic- Wow. I think I seeing him was the most convicting thing for me when it comes to having joy all the time in every circumstance. I have nothing to complain about
Just a few others being- Chuck Bomar; Todd Nighswonger; Scott Mehl; C.J. Mahaney; Josh Harris; John Loftness; Bob Dohohue; Brad Buser; Matt Moore; Eric Simmons; Jeff Barich; Clive Cliver--- Amongst others.

Eighth-- Authors that have had an impact of me.
God; The Bible
C.S. Lewis; Till We Have Faces, Mere Christianity, Screwtape Letters, The Chronicles of Narnia
John Piper; Don't Waste Your Life
Randy Alcorn; The Grace and Truth Paradox, Safely Home, Dominion, Deadline
Ted Dekker; The Slumber of Christianity, Black, Red, White, Blink, Obsessed, Heaven's Wager, When Heaven Weeps
C.J. Mahaney; The Cross Centered Life,
Bill Myers; Eli, When the Last Leaf Falls, The Face of God
Josh Harris;
Elisabeth Elliot;

Nineth--- Life.

Tenth--- People. (this should be way higher on the list)
My friends are absolutely incredible. And I'm going to only write about the people who I know read this on a somewhat regular basis. (so if you aren't on here it's just because I don't know you read this...)
Because it would take way to long to talk about all my friends because they're that awesome. =) Scary thing about these people is that the vast majority I haven't known for very long at all. Yet I can't imagine not knowing them. Wow. Yeah.

Alphabetically in order.

Carter- This kid is really awesome. He's pretty much my brother. I've only known Carter for about 2 years now? And he's changed soooo much within that time period. He went from a skater boy punk, to a band boy, to an emoish kid (for reasons not necessary to say. =P), to a somewhat of a prep, back again now to a band boy. Which I think fits him best. =) Haha he even let me post on his music review blog once! I was pretty touched. He's really awesome and he loves God. And! he's moving closer now.! =D

Justin- From going to not getting along at all to becoming pretty much siblings is pretty impressive. That's what happened with Justin. lol I've known this kid from when he was about 5? He was a mean little kid. =P Also to smart for his own good. =P And he makes dumb jokes that still flabbergast me (even you think I'd be used to them by now =P). Like Sunday driving back to our house is a perfect example... -_-

Lauren- Lauren is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. I love her so much. I can trust her to tell me exactly what she really thinks and not just want she thinks I want hear. She's friends with me even if I'm annoying or exasperate her with some stuff. =P We are alot alike...yet...not. Lol So it's nice because she doesn't always agree with me so therefore it makes for some interesting conversations sometimes. =P God has blessed me so much with a friend with whom I can talk about normal and spiritual sort of stuff. Oh! Plus she'll listen to sermons and it's nice to have someone to talk with them about. I don't know what I would do without her. =)

Mrs. George- She's pretty much my favoritest Mrs. George ever. She's such an example to me in pretty much everything. She's so enthusiastic about God, serving, and loving and...well you get the picture. =) Yet while she's enthusiastic and happy-- she isn't fake or superficial at all. She's so down to earth and personable you can't help but love her. Not to mention her adorable little daughter. =) I miss seeing her at the office though. =(

Sarah- Sadly, I rarely talk to Sarah much anymore. But reading her blog is always refreshing with her insight and thoughts. This is a girl that really loves God. Her heart for Africa and other countries is such an example to me as well. I love her even if I never get to see her. =(

Stephen- For some reason the Laymans put us in the same class or we probably wouldn't be friends. =P He's pretty much the most awesome guy to work with in the 4's and is pretty much an expert at making cars and dice out of play dough. Even if he didn't know I existed until like last year--he was nice enough to try to talk to me at first since I'm not really that outgoing. He's really easy to talk to, puts up with my annoying self, is honest, and doesn't put on facade. He loves God which is pretty much the most awesome thing. Oh and he likes Michigan. =)

Tyler- Tyler's awesome. He's amazing with computers. I've known him for few years but wasn't until the past year or so that I've become better friends with him. Largely due to 816 I think... =P No, seriously though he's so chill is awesome. He's easy going and easy to talk to. Even though his attention is very easily diverted by cars and his PDA (mostly cars though). =P And I mean what would I do without knowing about the amazing angry management properties of bubble wrap?

So yes, these people are awesome and you should be friends with them because if you aren't it's your loss. I'm sooo incredibly blessed. No kid. =)

Now a really long rambling list---

This I'm thankful for;
  1. God/Jesus/Holy Spirit
  2. The Gospel
  3. salvation
  4. praying (aka good conversation with God)
  5. love
  6. the bible
  7. heaven
  8. people
  9. having good conversation with people
  10. the church (local and universal)
  11. laughing
  12. smiling
  13. reading
  14. memories
  15. thinking
  16. talking late at night...even though I can't do it anymore. =P
  17. best friends
  18. friends
  19. reading books that make me think
  20. listening to sermons
  21. that Joey and Stephen aren't dead
  22. cooking spaghetti with Lauren
  23. Eating cookie dough with Kate
  24. hanging out with the Jakubisins
  25. cooking
  26. baking
  27. serving
  28. helping
  29. helping Mrs George with weddings
  30. talking for hours with my mom and dad
  31. laughing at/with my sister
  32. kids
  33. JOY!
  34. music
  35. honesty
  36. fresh bread
  37. quotes
  38. Ted Dekker
  39. life in general
  40. going outside when it's late and just thinking
  41. winter
  42. warm fires
  43. satisfaction
  44. fall
  45. hoodies
  46. listening to music
  47. Romans
  48. flip flops
  49. summer
  50. power points that annoy Justin. =P
  51. playdough
  52. big orange moons
  53. cinnamon rolls
  54. hot water
  55. blankets
  56. hugs
  57. jeans
  58. peaceful dreams
  59. freedom
  60. trials
  61. starlit nights
  62. the color green
  63. sunrises and sunsets
  64. Philippians
  65. long rambling walks
  66. watching movies with friends
  67. snow
  68. thunderstorms
  69. playing frisbee
  70. listening to rain as you fall asleep
  71. mint chocolate chip
  72. hot chocolate
  73. day dreams
  74. apple cider
  75. breathing
  76. atonement
  77. grace
  78. mercy
  79. trees
  80. fruit
  81. flowers
  82. spring
  83. listening
  84. watching
  85. skype
  86. podcasts
  87. justice
  88. blogs
  89. air band
  90. my country
  91. bubble wrap
  92. my senses
  93. emotions
  94. my i-pod and camera
  95. rain
  96. the mountains
  97. breaks from school
  98. colors
  99. pictures
  100. bright sunny days
  101. Spending time with people. And really getting to know them.
=) I'll stop now

I have sooo much to be thankful for. God is so good. So good.

I love you all so much and I hope you guys have an amazing Thanksgiving.

Thanks so much for being my friends guys. =)

Ming


----------------
Now playing: Skillet - Those Nights

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. I love you much sister. and I really don't know what I'd do without you in my life. haha who would set me straight? and no...I don't mean it in the homosexual way..