Monday, February 4, 2008

God I want to...


And I've lost my mind, I'm sure to find
Need to apologize for my
Lack of inhibition, for my belligerent condition
But with You this near I'm dizzy

And now I find a blurry line
Here between you and I
Raise the cup, drink 'til I'm full
Sing 'til I can't, 'til my voice is gone
And my head is spinning
---------------------------------------------------------------------
God, I want to love. Help me with my lack of love.
God, I want to have joy. Help me with my lack of joy.
God, I want to desire you more than anything. Help me remove all that competes.
God, I want to be selfless. Help me with my selfishness.
God, I want to have faith. Help me with my unfaithfulness.
God, I want to have security. Help me to find it in you.
God, I want to do your will. Help me fight mine.
God, I want to draw near to you. Help me remove the things and thoughts that are inhibiting that.
God, I want to see you in everything. Give me new eyes.

God, I want to....

God, I want to believe. Help me with my unbelief.

I have nothing else to say at the moment.

Except that God is good.
No. matter. what.
Do you believe that?
I mean really?
I'm just asking.
Because....sometimes I'm not sure.
But He is.
I promise.


No comments: