Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's 4:30 and I can't sleep.


So this is what I work on when I can't sleep... *click it to enlarge*

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Proverbs 19:17
He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD,
and he will reward him for what he has done.

Proverbs 14:31
He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker,
but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.

Psalm 140:12
I know that the LORD secures justice for the poor
and upholds the cause of the needy.

Proverbs 21:13
If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor,
he too will cry out and not be answered.

Isaiah 3:15
What do you mean by crushing my people
and grinding the faces of the poor?"
declares the Lord, the LORD Almighty.

Isaiah 41:17
"The poor and needy search for water,
but there is none;
their tongues are parched with thirst.
But I the LORD will answer them;
I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.

Amos 5:12
For I know how many are your offenses
and how great your sins.
You oppress the righteous and take bribes
and you deprive the poor of justice in the courts.

Matthew 11:5
The blind receive sight, the lame walk,
those who have leprosy[a]are cured, the deaf hear,
the dead are raised,
and the good news is preached to the poor.


Matthew 19:21
Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go,
sell your possessions and give to the poor,
and you will have treasure in heaven.
Then come, follow me."


Mark 10:21
Jesus looked at him and loved him.
"One thing you lack," he said.
"Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor,
and you will have treasure in heaven.
Then come, follow me."


Luke 18:22
When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing.
Sell everything you have and give to the poor,
and you will have treasure in heaven.
Then come, follow me."

Luke 6:20
Looking at his disciples, he said:
"Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.

Luke 12:33
Sell your possessions and give to the poor.
Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out,
a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted,
where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.

James 2:5
Listen, my dear brothers:
Has not God chosen those who are poor
in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith
and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

Revelation 3:17
You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You get the theme?

In cased you missed--God cares alot about the poor. The people that are typically looked down on by societies at large. He actually really loves them.

Why do we strive so hard to become rich? Why do we strain after worldly riches so much?

I am a chicken =P I removed the other stuff. lol

Oh wow...it's only a half hour before Brant Hanson comes on. lol

No comments: