Tuesday, January 6, 2009

That I am not alone in this crowd.


I’ve been sleeping in for days,
‘Cause when I am awake,
I will have to face my life.
And I’m hoping it’s a phase.
The walls that I create
Can only make it seem alright.
And I get carried away like I’m the only one
Who’s ever felt the way that I do,
But I can hear you say, “You’re not the only one.
Everybody hopes to get through.”

And it’s got me sleeping in.
Every day God, it’s the same thing.
Yeah, you caught me sleeping in.
I’m still hiding; I’m still waiting.
I need you here with me to face the world outside
‘Cause I’m tired of sleeping in.

I’ve been waking up with fear,
‘Cause all that I can hear
Is the ringing of alarms downtown.
It’s been going on for years,
But you have made it clear
That I am not alone in this crowd.
And I get carried away like I’m the only one
Who’s ever felt the way that I do,
But I can hear you say, “You’re not the only one.
Everybody hopes to get through.”

Open up my eyes.
I’m tired of sleeping in
In a world that’s dying to wake up.

I’m done with sleeping in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so tired of not fitting in. I'm so tired of never saying what I really think because it's so crazy and idealistic. I'm tired of settling when I know there's something more out there.

I can't be that crazy. Can I? Do I really want the impossible?

Matthew 13

44"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.

45"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.

We just don't live like it's that... And personally I don't think it's just a matter of trying harder.

I don't just want to try harder. I'm tired of trying harder--and to be honest it rarely gets me anywhere.

I don't want to try harder--I want to more fully understand what I've been given and what I have. Because I truly get it, and I mean really get it--then I can't help but live differently.

If I get God's love for me, I'll naturally respond with love to him. If I get how much God loves the world--I won't be able to help loving the world as well.

I won't be able to contain the joy that I've been given and I'll want to let everyone know about this treasure that I've found.

Honestly I don't think God wants us to pull ourselves by our boot straps. I don't think He's interested if what we do is motivated by anything other than love.



No comments: