Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ok, something to qualify my post below.

I'm not saying that issues like abortion for example aren't extremely important--and I'm not saying that we shouldn't take a stand on things.

What I am saying is that our love for God and our love for others should be the thing that motivates us.

And I'm saying that until we can get that--we really can't do the right things for the right reasons.

Ok here is an extreme example but here you go--Ok, I don't think that homosexuality is right. I think that most of the people that read my blog would agree--God clearly says in the Bible that it's wrong. And if I'm going to bring my life under God's word then I have to hold to that truth.

But here's the thing--all the Christians that go around saying stuff like, "God hates fags." or "You're going to burn in hell homo's!" ect. They're completely wrong as well--even worse, here they are saying that they're "Christians" therefore lining themselves up with Jesus Christ--and they behave like this.

Love isn't modivating them. And that's the problem.

So please understand that I'm not saying that we don't hold views and we don't have convictions and that we just should be like "Weeeee" all day long. What I'm saying is that we must be modivated and moved for the right things.

(News flash: Also it doesn't do any good to fake it.)

And I should be more tactful when I write--but when this stuff really moves me then I just want everyone to get it.

So I'm sorry guys for not being more tactful.

No comments: