Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Open Letter



I don't know much about you; I don't know what your favorite color is, if you like crunchy or smooth peanut butter. I don't know what makes you laugh until you can't breath. I don't know if you'd rather breathe in salty ocean air or walk in the crisp mountain air. And I don't why you cry alone in bed some nights and I don't know what makes your heart sing.

There are lots of things I don't. But I do know somethings about you. I know deep in my bones that you are cherished beyond comprehension and that you are beautiful. You are loved-deeply loved. Just as you are.right. now.

In the midst of your brokeness, pain, scars, doubts, fear, and crap. You. are. loved.


All the things that you hear echoing through your very soul that say this all there is to life, that you will never be anything of worth, and that you can fill the void that sits in the middle of your chest with anything other than Jesus--they are all lies.

You are loved and because of that you are valuable. And that value doesn't decreased based upon somebody's inablity to see your worth...even when that somebody is you. 

So, if there is one thing I could tell you and prayed that you believe with all you are it's this: You are beautiful just as you are, you are deeply loved right at this moment, and you can be free-oh, so gloriously free. So let this truth sink down deep down into your very bones and learn how wonderful the dance of life is when you are free.

Love,
Ming

No comments: