Monday, June 17, 2013

This may be me being too honest

Brant posed this question the other day,  "While I'm thankful for friends who are 'concerned' about my singleness, if someone tells me _________ one more time, my head may explode." and I was thinking about it.

Most people feel the need to reassure me that I am not going to be single forever. "Oh, don't worry you'll get married.", "I can't wait to see God write your love story.", and the ever popular "I can't understand why are you are still single."

And all those comments just bother me.

I think I could get a boyfriend, if all I wanted was some guy I thought was cute and would hold my hand during scary movies--but I want more than that. Tim Keller put it this way, “Falling in love in a Christian way is to say,'I am excited about your future and I want to be part of getting you there. I'm signing up for the journey with you. Would you sign up for the journey to my true self with me? It's going to be hard but I want to get there.” And that is what I want. The last six months of my life have just been crazy, one crazy story after another and I've never had more joy and I've never felt more alive--and if I am going to be in a "relationship" it's got to be with some guy who wants adventure, life, joy, and love too.

Here is the down low people-I am enjoying life, right where I am at this moment in time.

Because I have a promise. It's not a promise that guarantees that I will ever get married. It's not a promise that I will not have pain. It's not a promise that I will never suffer or walk through valleys filled with shadows all around me. It's not a promise that I will never be lonely.

It's so much better than all of that.

It's a promise that no matter what happens, no matter how I feel--I will never be alone. It's a promise that each breath I take into my lungs actually matters. It's a promise that assures me that a life full of adventure waits on the other side of my fear.

And sorry kids, but I don't need a boy for my life to complete.

And God is writing my love story-the love story is that a Prince left his Kingdom to find me, nothing could stop His great love, and He has captured my heart. It may not happen in this life but one day I will be at a feast and a wedding :)







No comments: