Monday, July 30, 2007

Self-esteem

"Oh before I go, self-esteem. Self-esteem biggest crock ever fed to the US... ever. Self-esteem is bogus. I'll tell you why, because it has this concept "Ok if people need love and they are looking outside to get it and hurting themselves to get it. Let's just convince them they are worth it. And then it will all work out." You don't need self-esteem, you're already loved! Do you not believe it? You don't need to build up your own worthiness, because you already have it. Before you were born you had it. So why keep trying, why keep striving, why keep trying to convince yourself you're worth something that you're not. 'Cause you're not worth it. But you HAVE IT. You don't need anymore. You don't need to convince yourself that you're worth something. We have all these people running around there thinking that "You know life would be alot better if I only thought I was a better person." No! False! Jesus said, "Lose your life to save it. Deny yourself." you know why? 'Cause your already loved. You can, you have the freedom to do it- that love is inviable."
-Brian Colmery
^He emailed me back I was pretty psyched. lol One day Lauren if I ever go to L.A. I should drag you along and we will visit Shoreline because he told me to stop by if I'm ever in L.A. =P
I have it. I don't deserve it. I'm not worth it. But I have it.
I have that love. =) That makes me so incredibly happy.
I mean you have no idea. =)

No comments: