Wednesday, July 18, 2007

quotes

"What we want so much is new knowledge. We want to sit around and talk, and maybe this is the seminary kid in me that kinda wants out of all of the theological conversations that I see there alot of the time. Because alot of them don't go anywhere. I love talking about theology if it applies; if it goes somewhere. Talking about stuff that doesn't matter doesn't intrigue me at all. And alot of us today want to sit around and we just want to talk, "Lets just talk man, life is hard, listen I just want to be like Jesus. Lets talk about that man. How do you do that?" You go do it."
Brian Colmery.

"I have these friends and they keep talking about *I admire their passion and I admire their intention* that, What we need is more action, less doctrine, more action. We need to actually live this out. People don't want to be preached at. *or "speeched" at as they like to call it.* They want to see people live it.
And that's true; but what your doing when you say that is you're divorcing them. Have we divorced that in our own head? Knowledge and action. Or have we understood that they are the same thing. That true knowledge predicates real action, you can't have one without the other. Otherwise they are cold and barren and not of God."
Brian Colmery

No comments: