Monday, September 24, 2007

=)

Song

Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heav'ns Son!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my vision, O ruler of all.
--------------------------------------------
Random

So last night we were going to Care Group and on the way out, I snatched up this small book about Amy Carmichael. I had been wanting to read it for a while but a friend was doing a report on her and I had lent her the book. So yesterday at church when she returned it, it made me happy. =) Anyways 85 was backed up so I had plenty of time to read while we drove. lol =P And I just finished it this morning. Amazing.

Now I have developed this obnoxious habit of dog earing pages that have something that I really liked. This book got pretty dog eared. I want to meet this incredible lady when I get to Heaven. Her faith and prayer life were absolutely mind bending. Her overall trust, faith, compassion, and overall arching love for people and God has become an example to me...

Her faith...hmmm

From the book;

It reinforced her faith that God knew her needs before she asked and wanted to supply them by faith. Not in any other way.
^^^
Wow, I read that and I was like "..." So often I can try scheming things and setting stuff up; so I get what I "need". But no, God wants me to have faith that, He wants to and will fill my every need. Every single one.

We are appointed unto afflictions.
1 Thessalonians 3:3
^^^
Nothing surprises my God. =)

Our Heavenly Father never takes any earthly thing from His children, except He means to give them something better instead.
George Mueller
^^^
That's something that's hard to wrap my mind around sometimes. Heaven will be so much better though. =) I love things here on earth, but in comparison with how much I will love things in Heaven I'll hate them...0_0 isn't that inconceivable??

2 comments:

Stephen D. said...

lol, is that why the books I borrow from you are dog eared? Carter and I were wondering about that. lol

Good quotes though. =)

Ming said...

Yeah, that would probably be the reason. =P Sorry about that.