Thursday, September 6, 2007

My parents and I were talking last night just about random stuff and my dad mentioned about how he was planning on driving down to L.A. on like one of the days while he is in California to see his uncle. He mentioned how it was only about 100 miles away from San Diego, where he is staying. I was like "Yeah, it's about 2 hours..." They both were like "...ok...". lol It was pretty funny or maybe you have to be me to find it funny. lol

I then informed them that if ever we are to drive out to CA for vacation or something that we were going to spend 2 Sundays out there. 'Cause...nevermind if you know me well enough you know the 2 places I want to visit. lol

Lauren, you want to come too? =P Anyone else?

Yeah but switching gears for a second;

I seriously can't tell or stress to you guys enough about how amazing my parents are. I don't know what I did to deserve them...(well that's just dumb cause I know I didn't ever do anything to deserve them but you guys know what I mean.) But I seriously don't deserve them at all. I've always been able to talk to my mom for hours about uhhh everything? Well maybe not always but since I was like 11 or 12 and started actually caring about talking. lol I didn't use to be able to talk to my Dad about as much, but over the 2 or 3 years our relationship has gotten alot better. I can talk with him just about as easily as I can talk to my mom now...with the exception of like girlishness stuff. =P

No matter what I can always trust them to be understanding and listen, yet always tell me what I need to hear to - even if I don't want to hear it. They are abnormally patient with me and all the stupid silly stuff I do and/or say.

They both have good senses of humor, now grant it I'm not saying I always appreciate it, but it's there nonetheless. =P

Now ofcourse I'm most thankful to my parents for telling/showing/living the Gospel to me from the day I was born. And always encouraging me to live for God and God alone. But if I were to think of one thing that I really appreciate about each of my parents it would probably be;
For Dad just his trust in God in the midst of any and everything, whether times are going "good" or "bad" he's belief that God does everything for a reason never wavers.
As for my Mom, you guys wouldn't believe how patient she is if my mom ever got mad you know you had to have done something awful. lol

Another thing my mom did was give me a love for reading...ok maybe she didn't give it to me but she definitely fed the fire. lol

Every night that I can remember when I was little she would read to Ying and I. (Ying fell asleep alot =P) I'll always remember one time when I was like 6ish we were reading the "Little House" books and we had just finished one of them, Mom looked over at me and was like "Should we start reading another one?". She had already been reading to me for a longgg time but she still asked. Ofcourse I couldn't say, "No." So she started reading the other one. And we finished it that night/morning...When she was done she noticed that it was light outside. lol Now perhaps it wasn't a "smart" thing to do since I did have school the next day but then again that's a memory that I have always treasured and still do. =) Haha what was kinda funny is that after I turned about 8 if she fell asleep while reading to us, I started to stop nudging her to waking her up so she could finish - I just picked the book up myself. =P

Due to her reading to us I can't possibly recount all the memories I have from that....I don't even know how many books we worked our way through. =)

Then if she decided that we weren't going to read anymore that night, she would sometimes just lay there and tell us stories from when she was little; my dad did this as well. I think that's a large part of why it's so easy for me to talk to them now just because I've always been able to do that.

I love my parents. =D

**Note: I almost didn't post this because I didn't want to it to just seem like...I don't know like I was just saying stuff about my parents because it's the good Christian kid thing to do. You know what I mean? But I really am not just saying this stuff but I really mean it. I love my mom and dad dearly and they are among the people that I find it easiest to talk to and that's out of like a group of 7...and probably... no, most definitely the smartest and wisest out of the 7. =P No offense to the others alot of it has to do with age. =) =P

Alllsooo heads up for the next month Ying and I will be staying home from Frisbee and other such things, my parents talked and said that it'd be just good for us to kinda stay home since we have been gone alot lately...so yeah...kinda stinks but oh well. I'll live =) And I know it will be good for me even if I don't exactly like it. =P

5 comments:

Lauren said...

ming, i am SO offeneded...

hahah
i am really happy that your parents are wiser then me...REALLY happy.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna miss you guys. But as long as you're ok with it, I think I can stick it out. =P lol

Ming said...

I'm sorry that you were offended friend..cause I love you dearly and would hate for that to happen. =P
But I'm glad they are too. =)

Ming said...

Justin you act like we are dying or something. lol

Anonymous said...

haha I kinda am aren't I? sorry. I guess its not that bad?...