Sunday, March 11, 2007

Define.

Last night at YouthGroup they talked about worldliness and how we ultimately need to draw closer to God. And that it's more about loving God more than loving him less.
And he mentioned blogs and I guess I didn't raise my hand because no one else did...yes I know I should have...fear of man anywaysss.
I was thinking about it though...what is it that defines me. That is, what do I think about, what do I talk about. God the Creator loves ME, am I defined by this?
I don't want to be defined by what I wear, what I do, what I say, what I look like, who I hang out with, even how nice or not nice I am.
When people talk about me I want the first thing that they think about when they think about me, is that she loves God, she's defined by her faith. Her Christianity. I want it to be defined by how I can't do anything without God, how I praise God when I talk, how I'm not worried about what people think about me, how I serve God.

How do people perceive me? Am I light in the darkness? Or am I just adding to the darkness? Or am I just hanging out with the light and not taking it to the darkness.

I just pray that God enables me to be an example to allll those around me. Also enable me to kill my pride so that I never think I'm "better" than anyone. So that people don't even see me. That all they see is the awesome God whom I live to serve.

In other news.
  1. I miss Lauren.
  2. I found my camera. =D
  3. Justin is obnoxious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's really convicting, Ming! I really struggle with that as well; I want to have this certain artsy "persona" about me, so that I am defined by the books I read, clothes I wear, etc. But you're so right: that should only be a background to what people should notice first; our total abandon for Christ. Thanks-I really needed to hear that!

-Sarah

p.s: nice pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great blog Ming! I like how Sam put it with his diagram thing... The closer we are to God the further we are from the world. We start out like this:

World-----------Us----------God

but as we move close to God the world leaves us...

World-------------------Us--God