Thursday, March 22, 2007

I was bought with a price, I belong to another.

It's not my life.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

God bought me.
He paid for me.
He owns me.
Every freaking part of me.
My thoughts.
My words.
My actions.
Dude He even owns my thoughts, dreams, and aspirations.
Ok since He owns me that means that, my thoughts can't be my own, my words can't either. Oh look there goes actions! And then there are my thoughts and dreams.
It's fine for me to have dreams, goals, ambitions that's fine, I'm human. But for me to live them out is sin. I have no right to live out my dreams, my desires, my goals, my ambitions.
I was bought with a price and I belong solely to another.
He bought me, He owns me and He owns all that is dear to me.
I was made to live out God's plan, God's dreams, God's desires.
That is one thing that I think I struggle with alot, laying down my dreams and desires.
=P No, Ying, Justin you can't laugh. =P
hmmm yes, I really, really just want God to do whatever He wants with me....

Another thing I think alot of people including myself struggle with is our thoughts and our words. I mean I know God wants us to love people, but lets lay that down for a bit and think about it this way.
Ok God owns our thoughts and words right we all agree on that. So are the words we are giving Him worth anything? Or are they garbage? What about our thoughts? ughhhh it's sooo hard sometimes for me to think like this. Even when I think like this, in the moment I'm like I don't care I'm going to think/say it anyways. -_-

Perfect Love bought me. =)

No comments: