Monday, March 12, 2007


I know I'm repetitive but I can't get away from it.
He loves me...
I hear people talk about spiritual discipline, yes they have a place.
But to me over the past couple years they have been more of a desire. Think about it, if you love someone, normally you don't do things with or for them because it's a discipline.
If you truly love someone. You want to do these things. I should desire to do read my bible, to pray, to serve.
I mean if you love someone ei, a boy/girlfriend, brother, sister, spouse, ect. You normally do things for them because you love them. I mean I know I wouldn't really like it if people did things for me "just because they had to".
And after loving God, then comes loving everyone as I love myself.
Now I realize you should invite kid's who aren't as "cool" to things. But I was thinking about it...Why do I consider them not "cool"? Great that I'm/you are inviting "fill in the blank". But just inviting them isn't loving them as yourself.
We wouldn't have "classes" of people if we really love them.
There is 1 God, then there's a bunch of little tiny people on this spinning ball.
...
And that 1 God loves me, why do I care about what the little tiny people think about me?
Now I'm not saying not we shouldn't care at all about people. I'm just saying why do we care what they think about us. As in if we are weird/cool/a dork/ect.
------------------
He loves me and that is all that matters.

3 comments:

Stephen D. said...

Hm… Well as you know this is definitely an area I struggle in (there sure are a lot =P)… I guess it is just human nature…

But yeah… I was just reading this morning about how Jesus always equated himself with the lowly and loved them. He was always eating with the “sinners” and tax collectors. Those were the people who were looked down upon in society… But yet he loved and cared for them the most…

Ming said...

I wouldn't say he cared for them more, we are all equal in God's eyes. But they weren't as proud. They were horrid and they knew it. God abhors pride.

Stephen D. said...

Yeah, that prolly wasn't worded right...