Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Being myself...

"I proceeded to tell them how wrong I thought it was that so many women I knew violently refused to admit that they looked acceptable in a picture. I understand that not every picture is great, I said, but I thought it was ridiculous that they had the preconceived notion that they could not possibly look good in a photograph. Not only was it ridiculous, but it was insulting: it suggests that the God that made them didn’t do a good job. The bottom line, I told them, was that too many girls I know have let the world tell them what is beautiful and have accepted that they are not, when the simple fact is that the way they look physically is crafted by a perfect God. He makes no mistakes, and they shouldn’t let even the smallest thought that suggests otherwise enter their minds."
Brian Colmery
-----------------------------------------------
*ducks*
......Quiet guys. I know this is me. lol I was laughing when I read that.
That was the stupid part.
The fun part was reading it to Ying. *smirk* Hey if I have to go down I'm taking her with me. =P
-----------------------------------------------
And I was reading something else and I have come to the conclusion that I'm going to stop trying to be other people. *Clarification: I'm not going to stop looking at them so I can improve because there is tons of room for improvement in myself... but I'm going to stop trying to be them and be me-- I'm going to stop idolizing them.

See I occasionally *well more like all the time* compare myself to people.
//My Head//
Oh I wish I was as;
-amazing as Lauren
-gentle and kind as Katelyn
-all around godly as Laura
-likable as Keri
-sweet as Ivy
-talented at writing, artsy, and nice as Sarah E.
-funny as Ying
And it goes on and on and on....

"If we can be like someone else, we’ve got something to lean on that seems secure. But if we have to be ourselves, we’ve got no promises of success.
Yet, funny enough, the truth is the exact opposite. The only thing trying to be someone else guarantees you is failure. Because you just aren’t them, and no matter how well you can impersonate them, everyone will be able to tell that you’re faking it."
Brian Colmery

I wanted to be them. But no longer.
Faking it is no longer an option for me. I want to be real. Even if it means that people see a girl who isn't perfect, messes up (quite often), has a strange mind, and is to serious. This is me.
Being myself means I don't have a promise of other people's successes, but that's ok with me now.
I want to be the girl that God would have me be.
The girl whom He loves.
I'm going to be Ming (or Ming-Wai whichever you prefer). =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer Marie-Wai.

Ming said...

funny. -_-