Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Really Random. Yeah..really random.

Random:
Note: Yes, lyrics to songs can be very depressingish.

Now on a completely different note... Yesterday I was at the office and things were moving reallllllly slow. So I went upstairs to see what kinda books I could find. My mom has so many random old books everywhere up there it's great. lol Some of them are really boring but the others are cool. So I searched about 3 bookshelves before I found something that looked promising.

I found an old book of a collection of short works by Rudyard Kipling. For some reason the falling apart red cover caught my eye so I decided to read it. I paged through the stories finding little of interest until I can across Mowgli's Brothers which I found out is the first chapter from The Jungle Book. I had always meant to read the book since I was like 11 but never really got around to it...but I decided to read it at that moment.

While reading it I decided that Bageera is an awesome name. I was in the middle of reading and just set the book down and said the name out loud (no one was in the room so it was ok no one thought I had lost my mind or something) and thought it sounded awesome when I said it, "Bageera." haha it's pretty amazing. Coupled with the fact that he's a black panther I mean come on what's not to love? lol Yes, you can laugh, I know I'm a complete nerd/dork. =P

I finished reading it in about 10-15 mins and throughly enjoyed it. But to my chagrin it only included the first chapter of the book. That pretty much killed me.

After we got home from frisbee I started looking in my room and then the whole house for the book in it's entirety. Finally after looking in my room, the guest bedroom, downstairs, and my brothers room, I decided to ask my mom where it might be (because I knew we had to have at least one copy of it). She then walks into the living room to a bookshelf where I see a wonderfully thick book with bold type on the binding that read: RUDYARD KIPLING SELECTED WORKS. Considering the thickness of the book I knew if The Jungle Book was contained in those pages it would have the whole book. I looked; saw it and was happy. =D

***Note: For all of you guys who don't know me or my family at all;
My mom loves books which is why we have at least 15 bookshelves *not including small ones* throughout the house, even more at the office, and still don't have enough shelf space for all of them... and my Dad loves technology, he likes books alot to- but not as much as my mom. And my mom is not a technology person at all. lol I love both books and other stuff although if I had to choose...books would win hands down.
I love books....and I adore reading
***Another Note: The Disney movie is stupid compared to the book.

Even more random: Then I was thinking about it and for some reason the word Jungle triggered this: when I was little we had these crayons that were awesome. My favorite green was Jungle Green- it was amazing I colored all my palm trees with that color.=P. And green wasn't even my favorite color then I don't think... Also it was a Crayola crayon not a Roseart one. I hate the Roseart crayons they are to waxy and the colors aren't very vivid at all. I seriously could rant about how much I disliked those crayons and how much better Crayola ones are. But I'll stop now even though it's to late to act like I'm not a dork/nerd. =P

Later. =)

No comments: