Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I mean this to...I'm not just saying it...*sigh*



Hey God...
Would you please, please shape me into the girl/woman/daughter that you would have me be?...No matter what the cost...I'm sure about this. Do whatever it takes.
Mold me, shape me, push me, pull me. Love me.
Even if it means getting really dirty.
I'm just a dirty lump of clay...Thankfully you are an the incredible Potter.
I don't care if I end up being a cup or a goblet- really I don't....do what you will. 'Cause you know so much more than I do about what's best for me.
I don't know what my life and the future holds. But I put my faith and trust completely in you.
Thanks; You're amazing. I love you. Seriously. =)
In Jesus name I ask this-
Ming =)

Lord if I'm the clay then lay me down
On your spinning wheel
Shape me into something you can fill
With something real

- Caedmon's call

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. One of the speakers here (at the clash) was just talking about telling God that. He pretty much said that it was a stupid thing to say in one sense cause God will use difficult things to mold us. But then again I'm sure you already know that and I do believe that he is already doing that in your life. =)

Unknown said...

Ming...I LOVE this post...I wish every Christian girl was this willing to be shaped into the girl God wants her to be...outstanding!

Ming said...

Stephen: Yeah I know what you mean...if you want your life to be sunshine and roses here then it's a stupid thing to pray. lol But that's not what I'm looking for =). Thanks I do kinda know it..I think...but it's nice to hear it again. And I trust and hope he is. =)

Chelsey: Thanks! I don't think you can be a Christian and not want to be shaped by God into Christ's image though =)

Unknown said...

Trust me...i've met some people where their philosophy is "yeah i'll be a christian but I don't want God to try and change me" it's so sad to see

Anonymous said...

Then they're not really christians... I think Ming said that? ya she said that...

Anonymous said...

Trust me...

Unknown said...

I know that! :) It's just sad that they think they are Christians and then don't want God to change them.

Anonymous said...

oh ok I get what you're saying